Blackheads are a very common issue, and pretty much everyone has to deal with them from time to time. You know what we mean – the small dark spots on the skin of your face. Most often, they appear on your nose, and they are not exactly a pleasant sight. Because of that, there is a lot of interest in blackhead removers, skin care tips, different home remedies and alike.
What are blackheads?
When they form, blackheads are small clogs in your hair follicles. That means that they are no more than blocked pores, which are filled with dead skin, keratin, and sebum. This is basically a mixture of oil from your skin, and of dead skin cells that got caught up with this oily substance.
They look black because they are exposed to the air, which causes oxidation, which in turn makes them go darker. Now, since they are not pleasant to look like, most people would want to get rid of them as soon as possible. If you are looking for acne treatments or skin care tips, you are at the right spot. Here are some beauty tips that will make sure that you prevent the blackheads before they ever form.
How to treat blackheads?
Getting rid of blackheads is relatively easy, and you can do it yourself at home. There are multiple remedies that you can make from the ingredients around your house, and we will soon explain some of them. Before that, the biggest tip that we can give you when it comes to skincare is to never scrub or try to squeeze the blackheads. That way, you can only damage your skin, and even cause scarring. Now that you know that, here is how you can treat the issue at the comfort of your very own house.
1. Mask of egg whites
As far as blackhead removal kits go, this is by far the simplest one. All you need is an egg, a bowl, a clean towel, and a few tissues. The process goes like this:
● After preparing all of the mentioned ingredients, crack an egg and separate the white and the yolk.
● Use your cleanser to clean the face, and then pat it dry.
● Now it is time to apply the first layer of egg white.
● You can do this simply and gently with your fingers and then wait for a bit until the egg whites dry.
● Now, apply the next layer, and wait for it to dry as well.
● Do this three or four times, and let the final layer dry for about 15 minutes.
● At this point, your face should feel tight, which is good.
● After 15 minutes, you can scrub the egg whites off your face gently with a washcloth or a towel.
2. Honey & Cinnamon Strips
Our next beauty tip will not only solve the acne problem, but it will even improve your skin. Honey is great for getting rid of bacteria that help blackheads to form, while cinnamon will improve the circulation, and help your skin look better than ever. All you need for this method are raw, organic honey, clean cotton stripes, and some powdered cinnamon. Here is what you need to do:
● Start by making a mixture of honey and cinnamon powder.
● When you are sure that you have enough to cover the entire affected area, apply a thin layer of the mixture.
● Next, press it with cotton, and wait up to five minutes.
● After that, simply remove the cotton, and the mixture should get rid of your blackheads.
This is a good and painless blackhead remover, so try it out.
3. An oatmeal blackhead treatment
Another good method of getting rid of this issues is what’s commonly known as an oatmeal treatment. For this, you will need oatmeal, of course, as well as yogurt, and some lemon juice. Here is what to do:
● Create a remedy by mixing the juice from half a lemon, about three spoons of yogurt, and two spoons of oatmeal.
● Mix it up and create a paste.
● Put it on the area of your face that you wish to cleanse.
● Wash it off with warm water after around 5 minutes.
● Do this at least once a week, and you should have no more problems with blackheads.
4. Baking soda
Baking soda is good for more than just baking, and you can use it for cleaning your face from acne as well. The process is simple, and all you need is baking soda and water.
● Mix the water with the baking soda, and create a thick paste.
● Apply the paste on your face.
● Wait for about 15 minutes.
● Wash it off, dry your face, and apply moisturizer.
Blackheads are a problem to many, and we know that you are looking for the easiest way to get rid of them. By following these beauty tips and performing them regularly, you will do just that, and with no cost at all.